By making a donation or becoming a sponsor of Achilles International- Connecticut Chapter, you can help bring hope, inspiration and joy to Connecticut athletes with disabilities as they train for and compete in mainstream road races.
The Connecticut Chapter of Achilles International operates under the umbrella of Achilles International, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Achilles’ Federal Tax ID is 13-3318293.
Membership in Achilles is free, and through our generous donors and sponsors we raise the necessary funds for our members to participate in events free of charge (and maintain their adaptive racing equipment if applicable). Here is how the funds we raised have directly benefitted our members, in addition to supporting some of the Chapter operations:
- Paid for race registrations and travel expenses in the Boston Marathon
- Paid race registrations in local races (e.g Bradley Road Race, Ion Bank Cheshire Half Marathon & 5K, Bill Landers 5K, Faxon Law Fairfield 5K, Hope in Motion 5K/10K, UCONN Health Half Marathon, 10K & 5K, Gaylord Gauntlet, Faxon Law New Haven Road Race, Eversource Hartford Marathon, Half & 5K, Race to Fill the Pantry 5K)
- Paid for 1 athlete to go to Colorado Springs for Paralympic development camp
- Paid for 1 athlete to compete in the Spartan Trifecta race series
- Offset the production cost of the Achilles Connecticut Hope & Possibility® presented by Cigna
- Offset costs of our Official Charity Partnership of the Eversource Hartford Marathon, Half & 5K in October
- Paid for registrations and travel expenses to the TCS New York City Marathon
- Purchased a new Top End Force 2 hand cycle to add to the Chapter’s fleet (to loan to those without their own equipment)
- Covered 100% of the stipend paid to the Chapter President to oversee Chapter operations
Online donations can be securely made through everydayhero Pro.
Check donations can be made payable to Achilles International-Connecticut Chapter. Mail to: Achilles International-Connecticut Chapter PO Box 2302 Branford, CT 06405
Please contact us if you wish to discuss your gift or ongoing support. Thank you for your support!