YOUR RUNNING CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
SUPPORT ACHILLES INTERNATIONAL-CONNECTICUT!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Charity Runner for Achilles Connecticut! Your support of our mission enables people with all types of disabilities to participate in mainstream athletics, promotes personal achievement, enhances self-esteem, and lowers barriers to living fulfilling lives.
HOW TO BECOME A CHARITY RUNNER
STEP 1: Register for the event.
STEP 2: Visit Achilles Connecticut’s secure fundraising platform. (Our platform is hosted by Blackbaud, a leader in nonprofit e-platforms.)
- Click the orange “Start Fundraising” button (located to the left below our team photo.
- Give your page a short title (for example, “Team (insert)” or “Insert your name’s Achilles Connecticut page”).
- You can add a photo of yourself or your team.
- Customize the message.
- Share, share! This platform allows you to share on social media with a single click – but sharing via emails sent to friends, family, colleagues often produces the best results.
- Don’t be afraid to be creative! Check out this awesome “$25 Challenge” created by one of our athletes!
Achilles is a 501(c)3 organization, so all donations are tax-deductible. For donations exceeding $250, our tax ID number is 13-3318293.
Donors can also make checks payable to Achilles International-Connecticut on your behalf, and those offline donations will be applied to your fundraising campaign. Our mailing address for check donations is:
PO Box 2302 Branford, CT 06405
The funds we raise through our Charity Runner program directly benefit our members. For example, funds are used to cover future race registration fees, offset the cost of adaptive racing equipment and maintenance of the equipment, offset travel expenses to/from races, etc.
Bottom line…you run, so our athletes can get to the starting line of their races.
For questions or to confirm your participation as a Charity Runner, please email Megan Thatford, Director of Development & Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org