Run, walk, crutch or roll the 2020 Virtual Eversource Hartford Marathon races with Team Achilles Connecticut…OCTOBER 8-11, 2020
Click HERE for more information and to REGISTER on Team Achilles!
MOVE WITH PURPOSE …AND SUPPORT ACHILLES IN 2020!
We are thrilled to be an Official Charity Partner of the for the 7th year in a row, and are recruiting participants from across the country to walk, run, or roll with Team Achilles virtually in their local communities. While it won’t be the same as gathering together in Bushnell Park, we are committed to staying connected virtually and need your help!
This year, more than ever, our fundraising need is critical. Achilles has a goal of raising $10,000…as you know, we are a small nonprofit with a BIG mission!
This year, HMF has generously created the HMF Gives Fund, where every $25 flat-fee race entry is donated to the Official Charities-in this case Team Achilles! Any additional fundraising is greatly appreciated, but not mandatory. Please see below for details about some very cool incentives this year!
Please note, if you have already registered and wish to “move with purpose” in support of Achilles, HMF can move you internally onto our Team, and your $25 registration fee will be donated directly to us.
Thank you for your support!
HOW TO FUN-DRAISE FOR ACHILLES CT:
- Help us raise the minimum amounts depending on the distance you are running:
- 5K – $100
- 10K– $200
- Tenacious 2: $300
- Half marathon – $400
- Marathon – $500
- Driven by Purpose 3– $750
- Grit & Gutsy 4 – $1000
- If you haven’t already, register for the Eversource Hartford Marathon race distance you intend to run by joining Team Achilles: https://fundraisers.hakuapp.com/teams/achilles-international-connecticut?partner=5bb7063779ad5c5b1a5c
- You can build your fundraising page from the link above as well:
- Give your page a short title.
- You can add a photo of yourself.
- Customize the message.
- Share, share! This platform allows you to share on social media with a single click – but emails sent to friends, family, colleagues often produces the best results.
You’re running for a great cause, and as thanks to you, we have some great benefits for all our Charity Runners, in addition to your race swag from HMF:
- Every registrant on ‘Team Achilles’ will receive a 20% off discount code from our friends at Athletic Brewing Company. Check your emails!
- If you hit your minimum fundraising goals outlined below, you will receive the following:
- Complimentary coaching by Chaz Koch of Run-U (https://run-u.com/)
$100-$250 (2 hours of coaching)
$251-$500 (4 hours of coaching)
$501-$750 (6 hours of coaching
$751- $1000 (Training plan for the duration, and for one month following the race)
$1001 + (Full coaching services to include custom training calendar updated with weekly workouts and strength training)
- Achilles Connecticut swag will be mailed to you after your virtual race
- EVERYONE who fundraises any amount is entered to win prizes at our Virtual Pep Rally on 10/6, generously donated by many of our local sponsors and community partners.
- Top TWO individual fundraisers will be mailed a case of non-alcoholic craft beer from Athletic Brewing Company!
- Donors can also make checks payable to Achilles International-Connecticut on your behalf, and those offline donations will be recorded and applied to your fundraising efforts.
Our mailing address for check donations is:
Achilles International-Connecticut PO Box 2302 Branford, CT 06405
- Share, share, share!! This fundraising platform allows you to share on social media with a single click – but sharing via emails sent to friends, family, colleagues often produces the best results.
- Check with your employer about matching gifts…last year we received a few thousand dollars through matching corporate gifts alone!
- For volunteers, some companies will also reward you the employee for giving back to the community as a volunteer for a charity, by making a donation in your name to that charity.
- Ask family, friends, neighbors who own their own businesses. Ask in your local community at places you frequent!
Thank you for your support! For questions or technical support please email Bob Cox (email@example.com)