The Connecticut Chapter of Achilles International operates under the umbrella of Achilles International, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Achilles’ federal tax id is 13-3318293.
Membership in Achilles is free, and through our generous donors and sponsors we raise the necessary funds for our members to participate in events free of charge (and maintain their adaptive racing equipment if applicable). Here is how the funds we raised in 2017 have directly benefitted our members, in addition to supporting some of the Chapter operations:
- -Paid for 1 athlete in the Boston Marathon in April
- -Paid for 20 athletes in the Ion Bank Cheshire Half Marathon & 5K in April
- -Paid for 1 athlete to go to Colorado Springs for Paralympic development camp
- -Paid for 1 athlete to compete in the Spartan Trifecta race series
- -Paid for 19 athletes in the Amica Iron Horse Half Marathon and 5K races in June
- -Offset the production cost of the Achilles Connecticut Hope & Possibility® presented by Cigna
- -Paid for 25 athletes to compete in the Eversource Hartford Marathon, Half & 5K in October
- -Paid for 2 CT athletes in the TCS New York City Marathon in November
- -Purchased a new Top End Force 2 hand cycle to add to the Chapter’s fleet (to loan to those without their own equipment)
- -Matched 50% of the stipend paid to the Chapter President to oversee Chapter operations
Online donations can be securely made through Active Giving.
Check donations can be made payable to Achilles International-CT Chapter. Mail to: PO Box 2302 Branford, CT 06405
Please contact us if you wish to discuss your gift or ongoing support. Thank you for your support!