YOUR RUNNING CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
SUPPORT ACHILLES INTERNATIONAL-CONNECTICUT!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Charity Runner for Achilles Connecticut! Your support of our mission enables people with all types of disabilities to participate in mainstream athletics, promotes personal achievement, enhances self-esteem, and lowers barriers to living fulfilling lives.
HOW TO BECOME A CHARITY RUNNER
STEP 1: Register for the event (for example, Eversource Hartford Marathon).
STEP 2: Visit Achilles Connecticut’s secure fundraising platform. (Our platform is hosted by Blackbaud, a leader in nonprofit e-platforms.)
- Click the orange “Start Fundraising” button (located to the left below our team photo.
- Give your page a short title (for example, “Team (insert)” or “Insert your name’s Achilles Connecticut page”).
- You can add a photo of yourself or your team.
- Customize the message.
- Share, share! This platform allows you to share on social media with a single click – but sharing via emails sent to friends, family, colleagues often produces the best results.
- Don’t be afraid to be creative! Check out this awesome “$25 Challenge” created by one of our athletes!
Achilles is a 501(c)3 organization, so all donations are tax-deductible. For donations exceeding $250, our tax ID number is 13-3318293.
Donors can also make checks payable to Achilles International-Connecticut on your behalf, and those offline donations will be applied to your fundraising campaign. Our mailing address for check donations is:
PO Box 2302 Branford, CT 06405
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
Pride in being part of a team that’s helping out a great cause!
But seriously, we’re grateful for your support of Achilles Connecticut as a Charity Runner. The funds we raise through our Charity Runner program directly benefit our members – for example, to cover race registration fees, offset adaptive racing equipment/maintenance costs, offset travel expenses to/from races, etc.
We’ll pay or reimburse your race registration fee if you fundraise these minimum amounts:
- Raise $300 for a marathon
- Raise $200 for a half marathon
- Raise $100 for a 5K
Please note: If you become a Charity Runner and do not hit your minimum fundraising goals, you will be responsible for your own registration fee. Once you confirm your participation, you will receive an email with instructions to set up your own personal fundraising page.
Also: Fundraise for Achilles CT and receive the following:
- Cool Achilles CT long-sleeve shirt or hat (your choice)
- Invitation to our Team Achilles tent at select races across CT
- Invitation to our Team Achilles tent and port-a-lets at the Eversource Hartford Marathon (for Official Charity Runners only)
- Free ticket to our Team Dinner and Pep-Rally before the Eversource Hartford Marathon (for Official Charity Runners only)
The funds we raise through our Charity Runner program directly benefit our members. For example, funds are used to cover future race registration fees, offset the cost of adaptive racing equipment and maintenance of the equipment, offset travel expenses to/from races, etc. Bottom line…you run, so our athletes can get to the starting line of their races.
Bottom line…you run, so our athletes can get to the starting line of their races.
For questions or to confirm your participation as a Charity Runner, please email Jo Bennett, Director of Development & Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org