YOUR RUNNING CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
SUPPORT ACHILLES INTERNATIONAL-CONNECTICUT!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Charity Runner for Achilles Connecticut! Your support of our mission enables people with all types of disabilities to participate in mainstream athletics, promotes personal achievement, enhances self-esteem, and lowers barriers to living fulfilling lives. By becoming a Charity Runner at the Eversource Hartford Marathon for Achilles Connecticut, here are all the great perks you can expect:
- Reimbursement for your registration at the Eversource Hartford Marathon distance of your choice (on meeting fundraising minimums, detailed below).
- Complimentary registration for a Full and Half Marathon Training Program at Connecticut Sports & Fitness in Glastonbury – a $165 value- designed to get you ready to run your best race at Eversource Hartford Marathon. 14-week program starting July 9th at 5:45pm.
- Complimentary registration to the 4th annual Achilles Connecticut Hope & Possibility® 5K/10K presented by Cigna on July 21st – a $35/$50 value.
- A complimentary ticket to the Achilles Pre-race Team Dinner on October 10th at the Thomas Hooker Brewery ($50 value). Information will be emailed to you in September.
- ‘Team Achilles’ apparel to wear on race day will be provided to you.
- Inclusion in the Team Achilles tent in Charity Village/Bushnell Park on race day. We have private porta-lets, pre-and post-race snacks, and you can interact with the team before and after the race and share your bling (bag check is at your own discretion).
HOW TO BECOME A CHARITY RUNNER AT THE EVERSOURCE HARTFORD MARATHON
STEP 1: Commit to fundraising the following minimum amounts depending on the distance you are running:
- 5K – $250
- Half marathon – $350
- Marathon – $500
When your minimum has been raised, you will be reimbursed the amount you paid for registration. If you do not meet your minimum amount, you will be responsible for making up the difference, payable to Achilles Connecticut by October 12th (race day).
STEP 2: If you haven’t already, register for the Eversource Hartford Marathon race distance you intend to run, and affiliate with Achilles when prompted: https://www.hartfordmarathon.com/eversource-hartford-marathon-2/
STEP 3: Visit Achilles Connecticut’s secure fundraising platform to build (or update, for past Charity Runners) your personal fundraising page. To create a new page, click the orange “Start Fundraising” button (located to the left below our team photo).
- Give your page a short title.
- You can add a photo of yourself.
- Customize the message.
- Share, share! This platform allows you to share on social media with a single click – but emails sent to friends, family, colleagues often produces the best results. Check if your employer has a matching gift program!
NOTE: Your supporters will receive a receipt from EDH at the time of donation. They can also make a tax-deductible “off-line” donation by check, which will be credited to your fundraising totals when received. Make checks payable to Achilles Connecticut and mail to: PO Box 2302 Branford, CT 06405
For questions or technical support, please contact Jo Bennett, Director of Development & Marketing, at email@example.com